Monday, January 21, 2008

What you want to be when you grow up...

Playlist
Various – 100 Recent Albums on Shuffleplay

Yet another purchaseless visit to HMV today – the copies of the Faure box set are dwindling...

I convinced myself not to buy considering 7 CDs are winging their way to me from e-bay as I type...

An evening of goggling the gogglebox with two episodes of “Coronation St” sandwiching a better heat of “University Challenge” which featured the freaky Cambridge team from last week – luckily Manchester beat them and they won’t be back...

Then, whilst recording the second part of “Messiah : The Rapture”, we watched the first in a new series of “Grand Designs” where a couple spent £350,000 building a house in a hole in their garden – it looked a lot better than it sounds...



I’d like to have been an architect...

The day ended with another first episode, this time of Larry David’s “Curb Your Enthusiasm” which was superb – looking forward to it being a staple for the next 10 weeks if we can remember to look at the cable schedules rather than just the usual five terrestrial channels..

Highlight of the Day : Curb Your Enthusiasm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DDHR - good site for TV planning:

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

keep up the diet, and the drivel

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheers for that...

I will try and maintain the high standards of inconsequentiality to which you have become accustomed...

impossible songs said...

Hi again, agree we all need to catch up. Architecure is in my family, fun but not as satisfying as you might think (or is it?), I wish I'd trained to be one also.