Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shakin' all over...

Playlist
Sam Baker – Pretty World
LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver
Various – Trance Masters
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Steve Harley – The Cockney Rebel
John Coltrane – One Down One Up
Various – Last 100 Cds

Did I mention I was still ill with the lurgi I contracted over a month ago – sleepless nights, coughing, spluttering, flu like symptoms without anything ever going “full-blown”...

Seems to be the way I take a “cold” these days – ill for weeks on end...

And so, last night I was up at 1:30 and spent the night shivering on the settee so Anne could get some sleep and not be bothered by my incessant coughing....

But tonight Anne was hit...

She was out at the ballet with her pal Debbie to see “The Sleeping Beauty” and very good it was too by all accounts, with a lovely Indian meal beforehand...

Back home I cooked a small steak with mushrooms and onions for my own sustenance before settling into an enjoyable evening of music listening while the VCR took in some stuff for future viewing...

Around 11 the call came in and Anne was so unwell she didn’t want to wait for me to drive into town to pick her up, preferring instead to jump into a taxi...

Once home, cold and shivering, Lemsip was applied and into a pre-heated bed – poor wee lamb...



Highlight of the Day : Appearing to be not quite as ill as Anne

No comments: