Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Devilish...

Playlist
Various – Jukebox Shuffleplay
Faure – Complete Piano Music

As you knew would happen, I finally succumbed to the lure of the 4 disc box of Faure’s complete piano music – recorded by Mr Jean Hubeau just a couple of years before he died...

And very beautiful it is too...


Spent much of my time today listening to this and it put me in mind of another 4 disc set I have – Debussy’s complete piano music – one of my all time favourite classical sets....

On TV, the debut tonight of new US show “Reaper” which I found to be excellent – one of those shows where, whilst watching, I found myself thinking “I could watch this all day if they were to just make it so that it did that”...


Elsewhere, “Torchwood” continued – it’s still getting better but just isn’t quite where it ought to be yet....

Between these two, the first episode of “Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA” – more repeated scenes than the UK version (US attention span difficulties?) but, essentially, the same set up and just as fascinating – if I was thinking of opening a restaurant, he’s the man I’d want telling me what to “fucking” do...

Lights out...

Highlight of the Day : Reaper

No comments: