Thursday, June 08, 2006

The not so beautiful game...

Music of the Day
The Bad Plus – These Are The Vistas
Laurie Anderson – Life On A String
Hans Joachim Roedelius – Lustwandel
Halloween Alaska – Too Tall To Hide

For the first time in a long time, we had a third consecutive hot and sunny day in Edinburgh today…

I had two plans for tonight…

(i) to go along to the outdoors seven a side game at the scene of the great ankle breaking of 2005 to see how the guys are getting on and to watch the game

(ii) to deliver the first eight of the fifteen CDs containing the full 30 minute sessions of each of the artists on the OOTB IV CD to Out of the Bedroom

But first, I watched three episodes of “Coronation Street” which Anne has been videoing recently. It’s so easy to sucked in to these things….

Then to the footie, with my just arrived from e-bay CD by Halloween Alaska on the CD player. It’s even better than their eponymous debut disc which I received from e-bay last week…



It was good to see the footballing chaps again - obviously, I’d rather have been playing, but the advantage of standing on the touchline was that I could enjoy the game without getting knackered from running about…

The game was good but would have been better if someone had told them to stop after the allotted 60 minutes but they chose to play on for another 30…

Had a chat with Jim Park after they eventually finished. He’s doing another two week show at the Fringe this year – as part of the “Free Fringe” which he reckons is the way to go…

I’ll be along to support him…

By the time I left the sports field, it was 9:30 and so I decided just to go home – I’ll finish off the rest of the OOTB CDs before next Thursday and hand them in then…

Back home I fell asleep on the settee and then woke up in time to watch Question Time. George Galloway shone brightly while Labour Minister for Culture, David Lammy, was made to look an idiot…

Highlight of the Day : Seeing my old footie buddies again

No comments: