Friday, June 02, 2006

No pace no more...

Music of the Day
CBQ – Nine New Songs
Pink Floyd – The Wall
Billy Cobham – Many Years BC (Disc 1)
Hayley Hutchinson – Independently Blue

Went out drinking tonight with a few friends but I don’t seem able to take the pace the way I used to and found myself back home on the settee watching TV with my headphones on by a very respectable 9pm...

Three more CDs arrived today, Billy Cobham’s 2CD retrospective of his 80’s material “Many Years BC”, the debut album, “Independently Blue” from Paul Buchanan’s support act, Hayley Hutchinson and Hafter Medboe’s jazz disc from this year, “In Perpetuity”...

Managed to listen to one disc of Billy Cobham and Ms Hutchinson’s disc. Turns out she’s signed to Gut Records, for whom I was once an A&R person in Edinburgh – I sent them music from all types of great Edinburgh acts – but they were only interested in The Beta Band....

The last in the series of “My Name is Earl” rounded off the day...



Highlight of the Day : for the last time this series, “My Name is Earl”

No comments: