Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Eating cars...

Music of the Day
Dido – Life For Rent
Dream Theater – Train of Thought
Pet Shop Boys – Fundamental
Pet Shop Boys – Fundamentalism

Today is my sister Pam’s birthday so happy birthday to Pam....

She was always aware of the fact that she was born on the same day as my dad’s mum, though there were sixty-four years between them...

Pam has some funny stories about sharing a chalet with "old Mother Reilly"at Butlins in the mid seventies – but this is neither the time nor the place to reveal them to the worldwide web...

At that time, our Gran must have been around my mum’s current age..

Of course she seemed a lot older then than my mum does now but that's because we were a lot younger then....

Isn't that a Bob Dylan lyric?

Another day of football watching today – damn you World Cup for sucking all creativity from me with your South Korea and your France and your Brazil...

At Tesco yesterday (where I forgot to mention I bumped into James Jamieson’s lovely wife, Susie) I bought some raisin and cinnamon bagels and some Blackcurrant Jam to try and recreate Saturday’s lovely Beanscene breakfast...

I tried it out today and must pronounce the results to be “not bad, not bad at all”...

Meanwhile, Meg the Black Cat helped Anne out in the back room. Here she is issuing instructions...

She’s probably saying, “Can I get some food now please?? – or I’ll eat that Mini...”



Highlight of the Day : Music Lifts My Mood

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

If you approach the music of Dido with an open mind, you will appreciate its simple brilliance.

Especially the tracks "White Flag" and "Here With Me".

Superb!!