Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Twenty minutes is not long enough...

To the gym for physio today – or rather the gym at the physio. This weird sky was before me as I walked along Princes Street...



Physio was frankly disappointing as my appointment turned out to be for just 20 minutes and there was no way I’d be able to do all the exercises my physio had set out for me in my programme...

And so I was kicked out at 5 and made my way home. I was going to cross a busy road to a card shop to get a valentine for Anne but the Airport Bus (the quickest for me) pulled into view so I had to skip it...

At home Anne had made me a card and I ended up making her one too, just before we enjoyed the special valentine’s tea of Spaghetti Bolognese and Chianti...

We watched “The IT Crowd” and “My Name is Earl” from Friday, then “Harry Hill’s TV Burp” from Saturday...

Then I went upstairs for twenty minutes and recorded a second version of Lindsay West’s “Do As Others Do”. Lindsay has e-mailed me to say she’d be honoured to have me sing her song – and she confirmed a couple of lines for me too...

I called Jamie and we’re both going to try and make it along, though, as ever, it’ll be a tight squeeze for him to get their in time for a slot and, unfortunately, it’s not possible to book a slot for anyone not actually present – even if you know they’re coming later..

Then back downstairs for tonight’s episode of “CSI” before mailing to Nicky Hind a couple of pics from the night out after Jim Park snr’s funeral. Nicky sent us a very nice card from San Francisco asking that I forward the souvenirs of a great night. Coincidentally, the picture on his card was taken when he was out sailing in San Francisco Bay on November 23 last year – the day I broke my ankle...

Last night, while Anne was on the net re Hearts, I pulled all my jazz CDs halfway out of the CD storage shelves with the intention of separating them from the main body – I already keep my classical discs separately..

If I take the plunge and pull them right out it’ll be a long laborious task to get everything tidied up again – so one to ponder perhaps...

Got word today that the OOTB committee has agreed terms for me to produce the fourth OOTB compilation. This will keep me occupied for a while...

Highlight of the Day : It’s got to be Anne’s spaghetti again...

No comments: