Monday, February 13, 2006

Do as others do...

It's the 200th Out of the Bedroom on Thursday and they're asking people to perform cover versions of other OOTBers' songs...

I'd like to play a Lindsay West song, so I listened to her album and chose "Do As Others Do"...

One spookily pertinent line from the song is "learn to sing the phrase of someone else"...

I e-mailed her for permission and await a response but, in the meantime, I worked out the chords and wrote out the lyrics and then spent the evening (other than an hour out to watch "Life on Mars") learning the piece and recording a rough two guitar and four vocal demo of it on the computer - my first full recording session of 2006...

Of course whether I actually play it will depend upon (a) getting Lindsay's permission and (b) getting along early enough on Thursday to get a slot...

Stayed up till 1 am updating the diary quickly and posting a pic of the Fives Awards Night, which Guy le Comte kindly e-mailed to me, on to last Friday's entry ..

Highlight of the Day : Working out and recording Lindsay's Song

No comments: