Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Handel is considerably better than Belle & Sebastian...

Uptown again today as I had another physio appointment...

I now have a total of 17 different exercises to work on the ankle - it's still very "tight" and stiff though....

On the physio's instructions I left the moonboot there and walked about town with my normal shoes on...

Visited FOPP and HMV, buying Tom McRae's last album, "All Maps Welcome" at the former for an amazingly low £3....



.... and a 6CD box set of Handel's complete chamber music at the latter for a very reasonable £9.99...



Two very good purchases indeed...

Back home two CDs I bought the other day on e-bay have arrived. I am completing my Uriah Heep collection with two solo albums each by vocalist David Byron and keyboard/guitar player and main songwriter Ken Hensley..

The discs are Russian ones, with one album by each Heep member on each disc (if you follow that). Unfortunately though, one disc contains two Queen albums (and not good Queen albums at that..) but, on contacting him, the vendor has offered to send me a replacement free of charge. Which is nice...

So I have these two albums, with another two to look forward to...




In the evening we watch a 30 minute concert by Belle and Sebastian. My verdict, as submitted to fellow Creekster, Stu Cobley by e-mail, is as follows:-

"Thought B&S were dreadful - they are just so twee it's unbelievable - especially the girl 'playing' the xylophone (whose Backing Vox were dreadful too) and the guy with the black hair who could sing even less well than the main guy (if that's possible). The drummer was good."

I'm afraid I just don't understand the attraction of such shambling amateurish twee pish music....

Although this comes from a man who likes Uriah Heep - a much reviled band....

Whatever...

Highlight of the Day : Obtaining Handel's complete chamber music

No comments: