Friday, February 10, 2006

I'll never be younger than I am today...

Today is my sister's 50th Birthday...

That makes me feel old...

Still, I'll never be younger than I am today...

Back to physio first thing today and received a new set of exercise to carry out in the “crocks” gym there. I’ll be attending every Tuesday and Thursday for the next three weeks before returning to the Infirmary in early March for, hopefully, final X Rays...

Took these photos...



The Sparks CD arrived and I gave it an initial listen while I finalised the awards scripts. It’s absolutely different from anything else out there – a cross between Opera and Pop and Rock...totally weird but a continuation of their last album from 2002, “Lil’ Beethoven” – the style is almost identical...

At 7:15 I left the house and headed to the venue by car – no drinking for me this time. Last time I had to take 4 super strength painkillers the next morning and still wasn’t feeling well on the Sunday...

We had an even better turn out than last year tonight but I was sorry to see that Jim Park hadn’t made it, despite both me and Nigel calling to try and find out where he was...

When I’m formatting the nominations and funny comments, the comments sometimes don’t seem that funny but, on the night, as the sheets are passed around and read out to the assembled players, it really is very entertaining indeed...

I managed to hold onto the award for Most Static Player for the fourth time running (although I should point out that, in 2001, the first year of this run, I also won Deadliest Finisher...) and also took Most Memorable Moment of the Year for the ankle breaking incident, though I thought the main contender for that, one player blootering the ball into the face of another during the warm up, was more entertaining...

Jim was joint winner of Player of the Year, winning the categories for Worst Goalkeeper, Worst Defender, Player Most Likely to Put You In Hospital and, for the fourth time running, Worst dressed Player...

I should point out that Player of the Year is based on number of Categories won rather than any actual playing prowess...

Although, having said that, Jim’s joint holder (young Gary Kane at least half our age!) won Best Goalkeeper, Fastest Player, Best Dressed Player and, ok, Player Least Likely to Pass...

So who is really Player of the Year?

I think it’s definitely Jim!

Here're the attendees on the night (thanks to Guy for the pic mailed to me on 13/2)


Back Row : Jose, Matt, Euan, Gary, Colin, Blair, Guy
Front Row : Nigel, Mick, Me, Dom, Paul, Jonathon

I made it home at 11:59 and crawled into bed....

Highlight of the Day : MBFives Awards Night

No comments: