Sunday, February 26, 2006

A walk in the park...

Woke around 7 and listened to the Jukebox for an hour before getting up....

Updated the diary, then heard Pam moving about. I made sure she knew we weren’t to waken Anne up, so we sat at the computer whispering....

Of course Anne could hear every word....

Then Meg the Black Cat started running around like a maddo, so we had to open the cat flap for her...

We decided to go downstairs to watch a Sparks DVD using two pairs of headphones – and to have a cup of coffee whilst doing this....

Of course while we were in the kitchen making the coffee, the DVD started playing on its own at top volume....

I ran through as quietly as possible, to turn it down as quickly as possible but the damage was done and, a few minutes later, Anne appeared, bleary-eyed, in the kitchen...

She was in a surprisingly good mood though, for someone who’d been woken up by such stupid antics...

I’d wanted to go to Patisserie Florentin but we decided to breakfast at home instead, whilst watching Sparks Live in London in 2000....

Then we set out to Holyrood Park, where Ian Sclater’s flat is situated, to deliver a copy of his remixed CD....

Ian wasn’t in so I just put it through his letter-box and hoped his dog wasn’t in either – it does seem the type that might just eat stuff that comes through the letter-box....

We took a walk around what we think was St Margaret’s Loch, it’s the one at the foot of Arthur’s Seat where all the Swans and Geese congregate for regular loaves of bread. It’s popular now too with seagulls, pigeons and the odd small crow...

We all took some photos...



Then we drove out to Loanhead to deliver Pam back to our mum’s house, stopping off for a coffee. I borrowed three CDs from my Dad’s collection, which now sits unplayed in my old bedroom...

Two by Jacques Loussier and one by, would you believe, James Last – all three remind of my dad and so I’ll enjoy playing them...

Anne and I said farewell to my mum and to the noisiest sister you can imagine and headed up to Ikea...

We were looking for curtains. We bought some glasses and plates...

Back home, I watched Stargate while Anne read the Hearts website....

Stargate was the first of a two parter. The main characters seemed to have gone back in time 5,000 years and changed the timeline so that their now present day selves were no longer cutting edge, planet-hopping scientists but, instead, ordinary geeks....

A huge problem here for me to suspend my disbelief - “come on Dave, you’re watching Stargate” I hear you cry – but I’m afraid that, if the timeline was altered 5,000 years in the past, they can’t have altered it too much if the same people still exist and live in the same area, albeit with slightly different jobs...

This may well be..... “a Stargate too far”...gulp!

We taped Enterprise then drove round to Anne’s mum’s for tea but made sure we were back in time for Anne to see the Steven Poliakof drama, while I continued to refill the jukebox....

Tonight I added Lou Reed, Bad Company, Black Widow and, erm...the Bay City Rollers...

Highlight of the Day : A walk in the park...

2 comments:

Peri Urban said...

Bay City Rollers? Aw man, that's so uncool.

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The BCR take me back in time just as much as a lot of other music. Last night I added...gulp....The Osmonds....nooooo aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Plus, you need to remember I don't download music so anything which goes to the jukey I almost always already have as a CD.

Yes. I am admitting I have CDs by he Bay City Rollers and The Osmonds in my collection. But I also have Captain Beefheart and Cecil Taylor.

Frankly though, I prefer the Rolers to Beefheart anyday....