Sunday, February 05, 2006

Very late breakfast...

Started the day with a gorgeous piece on the Jukebox. The third movement from Beethoven's String Quartet in A Minor Opus 132, "Heiliger Dankgesang eines Genesenen an die Gottheit in der Lydischen Tonart" Molto adagio - Andante (Holy Song of Thanks to the Godhead from a Convalescent, in the Lydian Mode)...

18 minutes of bliss...religion has its upside after all....

Up at 9, updated the diary, backed up all the MP3 albums sitting on the hard drive (around 90!!) on to two DVDs...

After last night's late drinking, Anne didn't wake till 12:30...

I went for a walk to try and help the leg - the weather was cold and overcast...

Then I drove the car to the local shop for bread and bacon – this was the first time I'd been behind the wheel since I drove to the 5-a-sides 75 days ago...

Driving was pronounced as being "not too sore" - perhaps I will be able to go and see Sparks next week in Glasgow? Bacon, eggs, toast, juice and coffee for a very late breakfast at 2pm (see Anne's watch - 1:45)...



Then I wrote up yesterday's entry while Anne watched Scotland beat France at rugby - amazing - of course if I'd been watching it goes without saying we would have lost...

I think Jamie and I may make a return to Out of the Bedroom this Thursday so I played a few songs on the old Geetar this afternoon - "Where Are You", "The End of Everything", "Skylines Full of Cranes", "I Thought You'd Stay", "The Dream Has Gone", "The Counting House" and "The Time of Our Lives"...

Not bad...

In the evening an interesting 1st part of a two part "Enterprise" alternate universe story and, later on "Curb Your Enthusiasm"...

Highlight of the Day : Driving the car again

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Disco Stu, Disco Stu - you can always be relied upon to lower the tone...

Hello Latinalover - Hope you're enjoying Edinburgh - but it sems a bit cold for a Chilean Lady...