Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ice, ice, baby...

Up early today and created a full “early 70’s” playlist on the jukebox via the PC, trying, as far as possible to include only tracks which I was actually listening to at the time...

I reached 500...

Then out to Tesco for some essential shopping (Milk, Bread, Bacon, Brillo Pads and a lottery ticket - no numbers again I must report)...

After a lovely weekend breakfast...



..for which Meg the Black Cat did her best to get herself on the menu...



...I took Anne round to her mum’s in preparation for their visit to Tynecastle for the early-kicking-off Hearts v Partick Thistle Cup Quarter Final...

While Anne was away, I worked on changes to Ian Sclater’s album – he mailed me a list of “tweaks” which I didn’t think I’d be able to work on this weekend but I managed to make a window in my schedule by postponing a visit to my nephew till later today - it's his 20th birthday today....



Anyway, I spent a goodly four hours carrying out all the changes Ian asked for, creating new wav files, increasing the volume (not as much as last time though - that's what was causing the distortion) burning a test disc, listening through, making notes, tweaking, doing it all again and burning a new "possibly" final disc which I hope he'll like...

Then I changed round the back room and reinstated the fabled “wall of sound” – all 4,000 odd CDs along one wall rather than being spread around the room in different locations – much tidier...



Then a call from Anne asking me to pick her up again from her mum’s as it was pouring with rain - Hearts had won 2-1 but even their manager said Thistle ought to have won...oh dear...

So off I went again and brought Anne back home - once again the game was a disappointment but the result was just fine and dandy....

Then I drove out to Penicuik to see my nephew, Andrew and his family and friends including his cute little son Kerr and his lovely girlfriend Adele...



and friend Lisa, a very different Lisa to the Lisa who is is Kerr's mum..



Then to Loanhead to pick up Pam and bring her back to Crispycat Towers for a night of curries, drinking and ice skating (on the telly of course – come on, the house doesn’t have an ice rink)...

While Anne and Pam got all excited about the upcoming “semi-final” of “Celebrity Ice Dancing and Skating on Ice” or something, I drove to the excellent Taj express for tonight’s culinary delights...

As we ate we heard on the TV that Scotland had beaten England at Murrayfield...

Anne and Pam watched ice skating for almost the rest of the evening whilst downing several bottles of red wine while I went up and down the stairs to the computer where I was trying to transfer 40 odd albums on to one DVD for Pam to take home with her, all the time listening to the 70’s playlist on the jukebox to drown out the screaming from the skating fans...the ones in the house, not on the TV!

They'd calmed down a bit by the time I took this...



Then we watched the football highlights before retiring...

Highlight of the Day : Reinstating “The Wall of Sound”

No comments: