Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mainly musicking again...

Up at 7:30 and uploaded yesterday's entry - adding the photos to the text I'd written as I moved through the day...

I searched the net for a solution to the printer problem and, lo and behold, I found one. I am loathe to spend another couple of hundred pounds just because the print heads are clogged. All I needed to do was remove the cartridges and jet compressed air onto the heads....

I now need to try and remember to print something at least once a day to keep things from going tits up again...

I designed a cover and label for the one-off CBQ "Skylines/Do As Others Do" CD and printed both off...

Then I tried to waken Anne up around 9 but to no avail - maybe she would've woken if she'd remembered Ian Sclater was due round at 12...

So I watched the 1st Division highlights with Meg the Black Cat. Looks like Queens were desperately unlucky not to get all three points yesterday against Brechin...

Anne finally rose around 10:30 and we had a fine breakfast of toast, made with the remains of yesterday's lovely loaf, and lashings of coffee - Douwe Egberts if you're interested...

At 12 I started work on Ian's mixing instructions and he arrived at 12:30. It was possibly one of our most enjoyable sessions and we worked hard and quickly to get through the changes on ten of the thirteen tracks...

By five he was leaving Crispycat Towers with a shiny new White Label of the 2006 mix of his album...

He will live with this mix for a couple of weeks and then advise me of any final tweaking required. Listening back to it myself, I think it's excellent with perhaps just one track being slightly too loud in comparison with the rest - but this is easily sorted...

Ian's revised running order flows much better than the previous one - he'll now have to revamp the cover text to reflect this and the slightly amended track timings...

We watch "Enterprise" on video from earlier this afternoon whilst partaking of a succulent chicken salad with balsamic vinegar - mmm...



The day isn't over yet as I write, but I suspect the rest of it will consist of a well earned rest in front of the telly...

Highlight of the Day : Finishing Ian Sclater's CD "It's Weird In Here"

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Hmmm - I wonder if Jim's given up his comedy career to become a personal shopper?

Re QoS - I think the name you're referring to is The Doonhamers - which is something to do with being from Dumfries...I think