Friday, February 03, 2006

12 Gigs of Pain....

First thing I was at the doctor's for an injection of steroids directly into my shoulder - he said it should take effect in around a week but if nothing happens in a fortnight I should go back...

On the way back it only took 10 minutes to walk down from the bus - last week it was 20....

Back home, I watched the fifth episode of “Invasion” – I think I’ll stick with it..

Upstairs to the computer and I'm now up to "F" in the refilling of the Jukebox - there was much Robert Fripp music making its way onto it today...

At lunchtime I had a three way MSN Messenger conversation with Craig and Stu of Creek - my electronic improvisational quartet (Alan Brodie is the fourth member)...

Topics covered included:-
My ankle – an update
The merits of Noel Edmonds’ “Deal or No deal”
A stag weekend to Brussels
The importance of having eyes and fingers if you work from home
A small grey cat who lives near Craig
Stuart’s upcoming photo shoot at Hearts tomorrow
The ability to name any of Hearts’ new players
Imagining how much time is wasted around the world by people on MSN Messenger
The programme “Who Do You Think You Are?”
The tragedy of the Challenger Space Shuttle
How funny “My Name is Earl” is
The best way to make toasties
What next for Creek
Creek’s tenth anniversary
A 10 year Creek anthology with a new 2006 track
A numbered limited edition MP3 Triple DVD Set containing everything Creek’s ever done – The 12 Gigs of Pain
Listening to T Rex, William Orbit and the voices in Stu’s head


In the evening we watched “Coronation St”, “My Name is Earl” and the first two episodes of “The IT Crowd”, a new sitcom on Channel 4 by the writer of “Father Ted” and “Black Books”. It was excellent and will become required Friday Night viewing over the next few weeks – along with “My Name is Earl”...

Highlight of the Day : The IT Crowd

No comments: