Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A sad loss...

Spent much of the day loading new CDs into the jukebox, artists beginning with C, D and E but mostly ELP and Eno, of whom I have an inordinate amount of discs which, for some reason, weren't on the machine already..

Maintaining the exercises - the morning pains also remain, though I slept till 7:00 today..

But I have nothing to complain about really - as Jamie called to let me know that Jim Park's dad died on Sunday. I called Jim with my condolences but there's nothing you can say really in these circumstances...

Jim had told me when he visited a week or so ago that his dad had been ill, but this was out of the blue...

Jim Snr was a great guy and a real character with a brilliant and dry sense of humour. In the late 70's and early 80's we used to spend a lot of time at the Park residence in S Queensferry and, despite all the drinking and shenanigans we got up to, Jim's mum and dad were always very supportive of everything we were doing...

I expect a big turn out for his funeral - he will be missed by many different groups of people both old and young and for a variety of reasons...

A sad loss...

Lowlight of the Day : learning of the passing of Mr Park

No comments: