Monday, January 30, 2006

Take a look at the lawman....

Woke at 4:30 with strange pains all round my body but especially in my arms and legs. So I got up....

Took one of the "special" painkillers I have for my shoulder. Ironically, the pains I'm getting may be from their side effects. Or the arm pains could be from my sleeping position while the leg pains might be due to my abandoning the moon-boot too soon?

Didn't burn a disc from the hard drive today. This is typical of me. I say I will do something regularly and then don't do it - maybe tomorrow...

I do burn a 2CD set though of 20 No1 Singles and 21 songs from No 1 albums from my lists yesterday...

I also continue with the Jukebox refill - mostly David Bowie and others beginning with "B" today...

In the evening we enjoy "Life on Mars" (featuring T Rex, Bowie, Slade, Hawkwind and Sweet music-wise...tasty - last week they even had a Uriah Heep track!) and the quite brilliant "The Thick of It" and, of course, the highlights of Hearts thrashing Hibs 4-1 on Saturday...

I wonder why they didn't use Bowie's song for the titles in "Life on Mars" - it was played in the first episode and fitted perfectly...

"Take a look at the lawman, beating up the wrong guy, oh man wonder if he'll ever know - he's in the best selling show"

...quite appropriate for a cop catapulted back in time to 1973....

By 11:30 I am extremely tired after the early rise but still need the Jukebox to get to sleep....

Highlight of the Day : "Life on Mars"

No comments: