Saturday, January 21, 2006

Francoise Hardy is lovely..

So here's what I did on Saturday 21st January 2006...

1. Got up at 7:04 and surfed the internet then updated this diary

2. Woke Anne up at 8:30

3. Prepared breakfast

4. The postman brought my new Francoise Hardy CD - we listened to it whilst breakfasting

5. After breakfast Anne went out and I watched "Prince of Darkness". Definitely not as good as I remember, though Alice Cooper's lineless character features more than I remember

6. Anne returned and, as she headed into the garden, I went back to the computer and worked on three more chord sequences for some 2006 CBQ songs

7. Then I fished out my Francoise Hardy CD collection and uploaded the new CD and several others into the Jukebox

8. I then found a Francoise Hardy discography website and spent some considerable time working out which tracks from her twenty three original albums released in France I have on the FH original albums and various compilations in my collection. It turns out I have 151 of the 268 tracks in question, plus a further 44 not included on those original LPs. I have much Francoise Hardy vinyl - it did not find its way into the Reptile Record Shop's stock. I can't access those LPs at present though, so cannot count those tracks

9. By this time it was almost 5pm and time to peruse the reults. Both Hearts and QoS lost. Damn

10. I surfed again and posted a couple of comments in response to some kind comments left on yesterday's entry

11. I wrote a lyric "Please Stay Here With Us" - it may become a song this year

12. "Harry Hill's TV Burp" lit up the early evening. Hilarious

13. This was followed by takaway pizzas from a local restaurant - very tasty - accompanied by some lovely red wine

14. As Anne watched "Dancing on Ice" I wrote this. Whilst writing, a track from today's new Francoise Hardy CD popped up on shuffleplay on the Jukebox

15. Later tonight we will watch "Casualty", "Sea of Souls", Rich Hall and "Match of the Day"

16. To round things off, I am posting this lovely picture of Francoise Hardy. She's lovely. Of course she'll be 62 this year, so she doesn't look like this now but she's still lovely...



Highlight of the Day : Writing a new lyric

No comments: