Sunday, January 29, 2006

An interesting fridge....

Up at 7:40 today and decided I'd burn an album a day until I get through all the albums waiting on the hard drive to be brought into reality...

Today it's "Time Machine" a 3CD collection from the Vertigo label which I borrowed from the library just before I broke my ankle...



The weather is bright and cold today....



Anne wakes up on her birthday a couple of hours later and I venture forth without the moonboot for the first time....



....as we drive to Patisserie Floretin for breakfast...

I break with tradition and have a Latte and a Bacon Roll...



Back home, Anne watches the Ice Dancing show from last night while I compile a list of all the No 1 singles I've bought when they were actually released...and here it is...

1970
Elvis Presley – The Wonder of You
1972
Chicory Tip – Son of My Father
Nilsson – Without You
T Rex – Metal Guru
Alice Cooper – School’s Out
1973
Wizzard – See My Baby Jive
Suzi Quatro – Can the Can
Gary Glitter – I’m The Leader of the Gang (I Am)
Wizzard – Angel Fingers
Gary Glitter – I Love You Love Me Love
1974
Mud – Tiger Feet
Terry Jacks – Seasons In The Sun
Gary Glitter – Always Yours
David Essex – Gonna Make You a Star
1975
Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel – Make Me Smile
David Bowie – Space Oddity
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
1976
Wings – Mull of Kintyre
1978
Kate Bush – Wuthering Heights
Boomtown Rats – Rat Trap
1979
Pink Floyd – Another Brick In The Wall pt 2
1980
David Bowie – Ashes to Ashes
1983
David Bowie – Let’s Dance
1986
Falco – Rock Me Amadeus
1987
Pet Shop Boys – It’s A Sin
Pet Shop Boys – Always On My Mind
2002
Girls Aloud – Sound of the Underground

And so Girls Aloud’s debut single was the first time I’d done this for 15 years...

This spurs me on to do the same for album purchases...

1973
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Pin-Ups
1974
David Bowie - Diamond Dogs
Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge
1975
Wings - Venus And Mars
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Queen - A Night At The Opera
1977
Yes - Going For The One
Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
1980
Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel III
Roxy Music - Flesh And Blood
David Bowie - Scary Monsters And Super Creeps
1982
Roxy Music - Avalon
1983
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
David Bowie - Let's Dance
1985
Bryan Ferry - Boys And Girls
1986
Peter Gabriel - So
1988
Morrissey - Viva Hate
1989
New Order - Technique
1992
Cure - Wish
1993
David Bowie - Black Tie White Noise
New Order - Republic
Pet Shop Boys - Very
1994
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
1995
Pink Floyd - Pulse
1997
Mansun - Attack Of The Grey Lantern
2000
Radiohead - Kid A
2001
Radiohead - Amnesiac
2002
Moby - 18
Coldplay - A Rush Of Blood To The Head
2003
Radiohead - Hail To The Thief
Dido - Life For Rent
2004
Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin
2005
Coldplay - X & Y

Looks like I am more of an albums man....

These lists demonstrate how my personal taste and that of the record buying public as a whole have converged (but mostly diverged) over the last 30 odd years...

Then, it’s time to watch QoS thrashing Airdrie 2-0 on Scotsport First...Great stuff...

And then a surprise birthday visit from sister Sheila, her husband Andrew and their grandson, Kerr - my Grand-Nephew...



Then we head to Anne's mum's for a birthday tea. Once again, my ankle is unsupported...

We have a great time at Anne's mum's with all the family - there is roast beef and yorkshire pudding and a very large cake - Anne's mum makes the best sponge cake in the world...

Here are the before and after shots...




Oliver and Kitty are on particularly good form. Kitty likes to turn on the tears when things don’t go her way...



While Oliver always likes to help when it comes to coffees, teas and biscuits and cheese. When he opened the fridge to get the cheese, something happened which made the lid of the butter pop out.

We said "It must be a magic fridge" but he said "No, it's an interesting fridge". He is 4. He is funny...



Back home, we relax by watching "Lewis" and "Hyperdrive"..

Anne declares her birthday to have been a good one...

Highlight of the Day : Anne’s Birthday

No comments: