Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh Canada...

Forgot to mention that I won a CD on e-bay yesterday....

It's by Canadian group Sloan. I'd not heard of them but, during my surfing recently re Rheostatics - you know, the Canadian band who I really really like - I found that, in 2000, Rheostatics and Sloan had two albums each in the top ten of the All Time Top 100 Canadian Albums (Joni Mitchell's "Blue" was No 1 while Rheos were at 4 and 5 and Sloan were at 3 and 9). So I wanted to find out if I might like this Sloan group. So I've bought a CD off e-bay and await its arrival. I will keep you posted...Rivetting stuff, I know...

And today I also won the Francoise Hardy box set I've been watching. It cost me just £7 for a 3CD box set - unfortunately it's coming from China and the postage is a further £9. C'est la vie. I've analysed the tracklist and, of the 74 tracks, there are 37 which I don't already have. So that's a bit of a result all in all for £16....

Other than that, got a phonecall asking me to attend for physio tomorrow morning...

And in the evening, whilst watching "Life on Mars" another phonecall and it's time for the highlight of the day - our old chum James Jamieson is on the way round for a visit....

He brought round two new recordings and loaned me two books "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" (hmm, I've got over 4,000 of them already!) and "The Rough Guide Book of Playlists" - both are ideal for anyone who, like me, likes a list......

Jamie's newest new song is called "The Morning After" and it's a cracker with a soaring hook line. The second track was a tidied up version of "The First Line" which he brought round last month - and which is also top notch...

Here's Jamie concentrating on listening to his songs while Anne, his No 1 fan, gives me a knowing look (dig the stripey wallpaper)...



I play him my embryonic chord sequences and we have a chuckle at them - but 12 months from now, they are likely to be fully fledged CBQ tunes...

Two months today since I broke my ankle...it's still sore.

Highlight of the Day : Another Visit from Jamie

No comments: