Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I've been buying too many CDs...

Despite my need to rethink the scoring behind my personal “Best of 2005”, I’ve spent the last few days listening to the “Best of 2005” playlist on my Jukebox....

It seems I acquired a great many albums last year with which I remain unfamiliar. I’ve been hearing some excellent music over the last couple of days. Clearly, I need to buy fewer CDs in 2006 and actually take time to listen to them more closely than I have been doing...

Today I set up my fifth blog. This new one which I’ve dubbed “Artworks” will sit alongside this diary, my photo blog and my albums of the month and albums of the year blogs...

It will shortly have many of my artworks added to it for perusal...

I also spent some time re-writing my December Crispycat Newsletter which, what with the broken ankle and everything, I never got around to issuing. So now it’s a January Newsletter and will also contain details of the new Orchestral CD, “Sospiri”...

I sent some news items, artwork for “Sospiri” and “Calling Card 4” and MP3s for each, to Craig the Webmeister to update the Crispycat site...

From e-bay today arrived my new, very expensive, headphones for the Jukebox. They are Shure E2c’s and are supposed to be the bees’ knees. I was trying them out and they were sounding good when, in the distance I heard the doorbell ring...

I hobbled down the stairs ready to send whoever it was packing but who should it be but my old chum James Jamieson my first non-family visitor since I broke my ankle over 40 days ago. What a pleasant surprise...

We had a good chat about things and discussed our future plans. I played Jamie bits of “Sospiri” and “Through the Day” but he’s not a great fan of ambient music, though he did think "Sopspiri" would make good film muisc (which was nice) and so we listened to “Deeperdown”, the first time he’s heard it all the way through...

He took away a copy saying that it definitely "raised the bar" for anyone of our peers re producing their own song based CD (which was also nice)...

I also gave him my spare set of “Now That’s What I Call Music 1-61” DVDs which will help fill up his daughter Madison’s new I-Pod. His 9 year old boy, Conrad, received a full sized Drum Kit from Santa but Jamie seems to have been playing it the most so far...

Today was Anne’s first day back at work following the Christmas break so, when she got home, I cracked open a bottle of champagne and got the Indian takeaway menu out in order to cheer her up....

A good evening was rounded off with an excellent show, “Heist” with Derren Brown in which the illusionist managed to programme four people to the point where three of the four each carried out an armed robbery prompted only by the song “Can You feel It” blasting from a passing car, a large poster showing someone rubbing their leg (an action Mr B had managed to have them associate with a highly motivated state) and a bright green security van...

Absolutely amazing...

Finished off the day looking at more Modern Art over the net in various museums around the world...

Highlight of the Day : A visit from my good friend, Mr James Jamieson

No comments: