Saturday, January 07, 2006

'Mon the Queens...

Awoke with a very sore leg and put on the moon-boot to get downstairs. Jane and I bought a couple of new washing up basins at B&Q yesterday to bathe my swollen ankle in (a) very cold water for 1 minute and then (b) very “warm” water – I suppose this could also be described as “hot” water – for 1 minute, in a ten minute exercise to be repeated up to three times a day...

And so Anne helps me to do this...

After lunch, Anne sets off to Tynecastle for Hearts’ 3rd Round Scottish FA Cup tie with Kilmarnock while I fall asleep on the settee with my leg elevated...

I am awoken by a phone call from Meg the Black Cat’s ex-mum, Julia who’s just arrived back in the country from holiday and wants to come and pick up Pandy the Fluffy Slasher Cat...

After this I fall asleep again and am awoken by Julia’s knocking at the back door. I promptly fall off the settee but luckily don’t damage the leg as it’s fully protected in the moon boot with the firmest Velcro fastenings in the world...

I am so drowsy I don’t even offer Julia a cup of tea...

She seems to have had a good time on her two holidays since bringing Pandy to us on Christmas Eve despite the first, to Florence, being marred by her niece having to be taken to hospital, and the second, in Amsterdam, being marred by her own ear infection and the bitterly cold weather....

We build Pandy’s carrying box and put her in it – no resistance on the part of the Fluffy Slasher and she’s off home before we know it. All the time Meg the Black cat is upstairs asleep and oblivious to the fact her little cat friend has strangely disappeared...

After Julia leaves, I check the scores on the net whilst listening to some funky sounds. Hearts beat Killie 2-1 while Queen of the South get a late equaliser to draw 1-1 with Hamilton Academical and force a replay on Tuesday...

They have now drawn with the top two teams in their league (St Mirren and Hamilton) in their last few games. So they’re not all that bad – they’re just not getting the breaks – that’s my view anyway...

In the evening an Indian Takeaway and Casualty then Sportscene Match of the Day but only after I buy a new digital camera - the Kodak Easyshare CX7530 (a full review etc is here http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/cx7530.html)...

Highlight of the Day : Queen of the South not being beaten

No comments: