Friday, January 13, 2006

Slow motion...

A slow day today. It's a week now since I've been out of the house and that was a hospital visit. The last time prior to that was 2 Jan when I went to see the Messiah...

I listened to some music and watched most of the second disc in the 2DVD Rush set I got at Xmas - interesting to note that, in 1979, bassist Geddy Lee's favourite band was Bruford - Bill Bruford, Allan Holdsworth, Dave Stewart, Jeff Berlin...

Took a few pics around the house - here are my last 100 or so CDs, sitting on a shelf...



In the evening a call from Dr Prog. He wants to go and see a Genesis tribute band, The Musical Box, playing the 1974 2LP classic "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" in its entirety at the Armadillo next to the SECC in Glasgow. But at almost £30 a ticket I decline - even though the band has been licensed to use all the original costumes and films Genesis used over thirty years ago...

Phil (Dr Prog) has already seen the show but wants to see it again..

I agree to go to see Genesis tribute band Genesis In The Cage at the Renfrew Ferry for around £12. They also have various props etc and their chosen repertoire (1970-1980) is wider and likely to produce more surprises than The Musical Box's set...

Other than that, we also agree to make a trip to the same venue to see John Wetton and Geoff Downes..

Second episode of "My Name is Earl" - not as funny as the first but still good...

Highlight of the Day : Watching some old Rush interviews

No comments: