Monday, December 12, 2005

Victor grows a beard...

It is the intention on Christmas Day at Jane and Bobby's (Anne's sister and husband) to have a quiz. I am to be quizmaster. Today I copied a few hundred pub quiz questions from the internet in preparation for this...

Another of Anne's presents arrived today in good shape. Just 1.5 to come now and I'll be all set...

No CDs for me as yet...

Watched the latest episode of "Rome" and an accidentally recorded episode of "One Foot In The Grave" - I don't believe it - I am Victor Meldrew - especially when complaining about the banging and drilling going on next door at 11:30 at night - what the f*ck are they doing in there???

In the afternoon, a young polish man comes to the door with a card saying "I don't speak English, please buy one of my sister's paintings". I hobble to the dining room to try and find some cash and give him £1 for his troubles...

I think this could be a good way to make some cash - pretend not to be able to speak English and go round a reasonably affluent section of a major city knocking on doors asking for money...

There are bound to be quite a few gullble/vulnerable people who'll buy a painting/give you cash just to get you away from their homes...

In the evening we watch "What Not To Wear" - this week it features men having mid life crises...

The two chosen resemble me in many ways....

Apparently, I must now buy a two button suit, a stripy shirt, a flowery shirt, a high necked T shirt, which should be worn under a V Neck jersey, stylish jeans, nice shoes, Birkenstock sandals, grow a wee beard - and, hey presto - I'll be fine...

Once my ankle's better I will be shopping for clothes - I'm already working on the beard...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Ah but your village is the reasonably affluent South Queensferry.

It was a polish artist's brother - he was selling his sister's paintings.