Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A day out...

Got out of the house today...

Chum Spike gave me a lift into town where ten chums went out for a Christmas Lunch....

Margaret, Wendy, David B, Bernardette, Julie H, Spike, JY Johnny, Colin K, Big Alan and Mr CBQ spent almost four hours at Est Est Est in George St and a fine old time was had by all. I had a few glasses of wine but remained sober. Just as well as my walking with (or without) crutches is pretty lame (sorry for the pun) at present. It takes me around a minute just to walk 10 metres. Luckily Spike offered me a lift back home...

Tonight Anne was off out with sister Jane and her mum and brother Keith's girlfriend Maureen to see "My Fair Lady"....

Bill Bruford's double live CD "Footloose and Fancy Free" had arrived in my absence as had Sparks' 1984 album "Pulling Rabbits Out of A Hat" so, as Anne left, I headed upstairs in order to listen to the new CDs and transfer them to the Jukebox...

I also designed a new 8 page booklet for the "Deeperdown" CD, including all the lyrics and some photos. This is much better than the two pager I've been sending out. Trouble is I'll now have to send the new booklet to all the people who've already got the CD...need to proof read and fine tune over the next couple of days...

Then it was back downstairs to watch "Rome" 'live' for the first time. Cleopatra's now on the scene.

Then back to the computer to surf and listen to more music. I received rather a fright by the sudden arrival at my side of Anne at 10:15 - she was home early as her mum had been taken ill at the theatre. Nothing serious we hope...

I continued at the computer as Anne watched what she'd recorded while out, then off to bed.

Much pain in my leg....

No comments: