Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Not keeping promises...

First thing, I take it upon myself to re-edit a recording I downloaded a long time ago - King Crimson Live in Mexico City in 1996 which was briefly made available as a one track download back in 1998...

It's always remained in my Crimso collection as a one track CD and so, hardly ever gets played - if at all. So today I decided I'd split the tracks and burn a new CD. It's a great concert, showing the double trio KC at it's live height, just a year or so before it all went tits up for the six man line-up...

Today sees the delivery of Jason Falkner's "Necessity", an album of 4-Track demos recorded at home prior to his first solo album. Mr Falkner, ex of Jellyfish, is an expert tunesmith and this album is choc a bloc full of catchy melodies and toe tapping tunes - recommended...

Second disc today is ex-Neu and original Kraftwerk member (although he left before they made a record) Michael Rother's 1996 album "Esperanza". Unlike his early solo work, which provided him with big hit albums throughout Europe in the late 70's, this has hardly any guitars on it, relying instead on keyboard and samples. Like the Jason Falkner CD though, it's full of great tunes....

I'm sure me old mucker James Jamieson would like these two CDs. I called him last night to see what he was up to and, during our conversation, he once again criticised me (in a friendly way of course) for having too much jazz in my collection....

So I said I'd burn him a kind of "Introduction to Jazz" CD. However, upon researching this today, I came to the conclusion that it'd be a waste of time. Jamie just loves great melodies too much to be able to be lured into the type of jazz which enthralls me. So I e-mailed him to say I was going to renege on my promise...

The last of Anne's presents arrived today and so I was at last able to wrap all her presents up. I am now officially ready for Christmas...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

I don't download music. Best ask our Ginger chum - he's Mr Download the download man from download city...