Friday, December 02, 2005

Borrowing From the Germans...

In the morning it's back to the Royal Infirmary for more X-Rays to determine whether I need an operation to insert a pin in my ankle...unbeknown to me Anne is concerned re this as she's just read a story of a patient who died from MRSA after just such a "pin into the ankle" op...

My appointment is 10:35, we leave the house at 9:45 and arrive at around 10:20...

I am directed a way from the main waiting area, leaving Anne behind to read her newspaper but having the foresight to take the ever trusty jukebox with me, and find myself sitting outside the "Plaster Room" with around 40 others, waiting to be called. I remove one earphone to ensure I don't miss my name...

Finally, at 11:05, I am called. In the doctor's room they have last week's X-Rays and are puzzled as to the absence of any from today. It turns out they forgot to send me for X-Rays, which I could easily have been attending to over the last 40 minutes...

I go to X-Ray and have the pics of my ankle area taken, than I am sent back to the waiting area again...

By the time I enter the doctor's office for a second time it's an hour beyond my appointment time...

Despite this, I am buoyed to hear that my fall the other day has not caused any setback and that, at present, no op is needed...

However, there is no change in the leg from last week. There is a 2mm gap in the bone which, I assume, will need to grow back together and fuse over the next five weeks if I am to be able to walk normally again and be back to my previous "unfit but at least able to walk" status...

An appointment is made for next Friday to have my plaster removed, a consultant to take a look, and a new plaster to be applied...

Back at home, Anne delivers me to the computer chair and heads back out for some shopping and something for lunch. I attend to e-mails and CD orders which Anne will very kindly post for me...

I end up spending too much time at the computer again - a call from fellow Alice fan, Grant - he may pop round tomorrow while Anne's at the Hearts v Livingston match - before I know it, it's dark and evening is rolling in...

I go downstairs (I can now use crutches both ways though every step is a potential arse over elbow situation) and sit by the fire watching The Simpsons and then Emmerdale (but listening to the Jukebox for this one) and then Corrie...

Back upstairs for 90 minutes while Anne watches Gardener's World or something and Bleak House...

I work on new mixes for Ian Sclater...

Back downstairs to watch Have I Got News For You and Jonathon Ross - Coldplay are excellent - singing their latest single, Talk, which Anne immediately quite rightly recognises as being based on a Kraftwerk song -I reassure her that Schneider and Hutter have a co-credit...

Then bed

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Computer Love from Computer World (or Computerliebe from Computerwelt if you have the german language version)