Saturday, December 17, 2005

No mercy re lights and noise...

Up at 7 with a roaring headache. Painkillers than back to bed...

However, Anne was up and about and (quite rightly after last night's stupid performance from Mr CBQ) was showing no mercy re lights and noise...

So I got up and had breakfast with Anne before she went out. I surfed the net and watched telly in a daze and, before I knew it, it was well past midday and I'd done nothing. Drinking is bad...

The postie brought two new CDs....

Bill Bruford and Patrick Moraz's "Music For Piano & Drums" a quite excellent jazz CD from around 20 years ago. The instrumentation, as you might imagine from the title, is purely grand piano and acoustic drumkit. Superb...

And Jane Sibbery's 1992 compilation "Summer in the Yukon". I confess I have many of these tracks already but the few I don't have are worth the price of just over £3 from e-bay...

Anne came home and we lunched together before she went out again to do some final Christmas shopping, leaving Mr Hobbler to sit around the house...

Around 5:30 I got a taxi uptown to meet Anne, her mum, her brother Keith and his girlfriend Maureen for a meal - arranged before the accident - as, today was to have been the day for Christmas shopping - all of which I've ended up doing on the internet...

The meal was good and the five of us sat and chatted, eventually spending around four and half hours in the restaurant. the intention had been to go upstairs to a jazz gig but it turned out the venue had been hired out for some kind of private ceilidh...

Home in time for Match of the Day and then bed...

I was on Diet Coke tonight, funnily enough...

No comments: