Saturday, December 10, 2005

Let the idiocy begin....

Despite not going to bed until almost 1:00 am, I am awake at 4:10 and unable to get back to sleep...

Rather than getting up and causing a commotion on my crutches, I fire up the Jukebox and listen to, in turn:

Robert Fripp - Love Cannot Bear
Fripp & Eno - The Equatorial Stars
Brian Eno - Another Day on Earth

Thereafter, it's a reasonable hour to rise, and rise I do...

I surf the net and then, in preparation for a hastily convened Ian Sclater session tomorrow, proceed to edit together what will be the backing track for his proposed Christmas Song...

Apparently there's a competion on the Richard & Judy Show to write a Christmas Single. The prize is £1,000 and Ian thinks he has just the song....

I have to edit together a track based on an old (very polished) demo he has. This involves using what were previously intros as the basis for verses. I fire off some suitably Santa based lyrics to add a quick vocal and Bob's your uncle...

Hey my second song of 2005...(ok half a song)

By the time I'm finishing this off, Anne is up and away to the shops - on her return, I am downstairs checking last night's draw for the World Cup finals next year in Germany...

England look to have a reasonably easy group from which to qualify. They are pitted against Sweden (who they've not beaten for 37 years apparently), Paraguay and Trinidad & Tobago (whose team will include many players from the English and Scottish Leagues)...

Looking forward to a feast of footie next summer...(must try and get a Paraguay top...)

Towards lunchtime I make a breakthrough by at last putting a little weight on the broken ankle. Then, rather impetuously, I try a few steps without crutches. This may have been a bit rash as the pain in the leg is severe after merely walking (very slowly indeed) from the living room to the front door and back, picking up Anne's latest present on the way...

A breakthrough nonetheless..

In the afternoon Anne goes to Tynecastle to see Hearts v Inverness - a very disappointing 0-0 draw. Meanwhile QoS' fall from grace continues with a 2-1 defeat in Perth to St Johnstone. This is, however, considerably better than the 4-0 drubbing Anne and I witnessed on the first day of the season...

I spend the afternoon - sorry, I totally waste the afternoon - reading pish on the internet - before I know it Anne's back home...(ok not totally wasted as I manage to order another present for Anne's - Christmas is no longer cancelled)

In the evening I avoid Strictly Come Dancing this week but watch the lottery show - no numbers....

Match of the Day is entertaining as neither of us knows any of the scores beforehand....

On e-bay, I have rather rashly drawn up a watch list of over 30 CDs I'm interested in...

Let the idiocy begin....

No comments: