Monday, December 26, 2005

Happy families...

Both cats were a bit poorly today - won't go into details but, suffice to say it was a "both ends burning" scenario...

In the morning I received a telephone call from our Godson, Ansem (aged 4 and a bit) from Germany and also spoke to his sister, Xenia (aged 6) which was a great surprise....

Also spoke to their dad, Jorg, of course. For Christmas, Jorg's wife, Yvonne, had had the lovely black and white pictures of Edinburgh he'd bought when he was here in October framed. Jorg was pointing out to Ansem where his "Godfather" lived and Ansem asked if he could phone me...

For the record, his main present was a Viking Island. Apparently it doesn't have real Vikings on it, just plastic ones....

Despite the ill cats, we were off to my mum's for Boxing Day with my family. I took copies of "Deeperdown" for Pam and for nephew Andy, who of course co-wrote the music on two songs and played piano on the last track...

As it played in the background, positive comments were made and the new eight page booklet with lyrics and pictures was much admired...

I now have a modern mobile phone (thanks Anne!) to replace the very, very big and old one I've had for several years. However, I use my new phone mainly to take pictures rather than phone anyone and, yesterday and today, I have taken quite a few....

Of course, at present, I don't know how to upload them because my name is Mr Technology...

The meal went down well, despite Pam setting off the smoke alarm due to lack of familiarity with mum's rubbish cooker...

Andy's son, Kerr, was in attendance - this is only the second time since he was born last January that Anne and I have seen him...

He's a nice wee man and everyone was delighted as he took his first ever unaided steps (2) in the living room - before looking somewhat perplexed as the family clapped and cheered his efforts....

He then fell over, hitting his face on some kind of child vehicle/toy thing - but was ok after a minute or so...

Later, as sister Sheila (Andy's mum), her husband Andrew, and Andy's brother Alastair were leaving, Andy's girlfriend, Adele (not Kerr's mum of course, because that is Lisa - keep up please) arrived....

We got to know Adele in the summer when I was rehearsing and gigging with Andy and Jamie. And so, Pam, Mum, Anne, Adele and I had a laugh (material mainly provided by "auntie" Pam) before Anne and I set off for home to the cats at 9:30...

Happy families...

Cats seemed to have recovered and Match of the Day took us to bedtime at 1 am..

Another good day...

No comments: