Saturday, December 03, 2005

Spin in my shoes...

Got up at 6:30 and hobbled on crutches to the computer...

Surfed, answered e-mails, checked out my blog-links...

Read an interesting article from Rolling Stone which I came across courtesy of a link from The Cunning Realist. It was about how the US government and secret service convinced the world Saddam Hussein was stockpiling WMDs - using information proven at the very outset by lie-detector test to be false - a story concocted by an individual fleeing Iraq who was looking to secure a US Visa...

More digging had found a PR Company (The Rendon Group) which has been in the employ of the US Govt and CIA since the first Iraq War, finding ways of spinning news around the world and planting misconceptions and falsehoods to sway public opinion. Very interesting. Here's the (long) link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/_/id/8798997?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single7&rnd=1132253345109&has-player=false

For the rest of the morning I worked on a final mix of Ian Sclater's album which I was finally happy with. I'll be listening to it over the weekend and mailing it to him on Monday for his views...

In the afternoon, Anne went to Tyncastle to see Hearts beat Livingston 2-1 while I stayed in watching the latest two episodes of "Rome" - occasionally checking teletext to find Queen of the South were being trounced by Airdrie Utd - final score 4-0...

In the evening, a chinese, Strictly Come Dancing, The Lottery, Carrie and Barrie, Match of the Day and bed...

My leg was particularly sore today but then I do have a broken ankle I suppose...

I am finding things more and more frustrating....

Before the ankle break, if I thought of something I needed from upstairs, I'd just run up, get it and bring it back down. Now it's a major exercise to get either up or down the stairs and of course I can't actually carry anything anyway so I always need to ensure I have a bag with me or that what I'm looking to fetch will fit in the pockets of the over-sized jogging bottoms I'm having to wear now...

Great...

The upside is that there's light at the end of the tunnel for me and I can project myself forward to January/February next year when I hope I'll be back to "normal". But for my dad before he died and for my mum now with their stairlift chair thing and inability to walk any distance at all, it must have been/be hugely frustrating and depressing...

Walking in another's shoes is the only way to really know what they're going through...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

The main theme of Talk is that from Computer Love - the guitar line

Da dee da, dee da, doo doo doo doo.

Watched SCD only because it was on the same room in which I found myself..