Saturday, December 31, 2005

End of the year...

The last day of 2005 begins with a late (for me) rise at 8 am...

I continue working on the Bruckner piece from yesterday but decide to abandon it. There's just too much happening in the music for it to work the way I want it so the search continues for other pieces to use...

Anne drives us to Stockbridge and, for the first time in a few weeks, we breakfast at Patisserie Florentin. I take a few photos as I hobble from the car round to the cafe (later I find the digi-cam has wiped these - very annoying)...

Then over to the computer supply shop, as I need more printable surface discs but the shop is closed and so we head home...

I waste the rest of the day looking at stuff on the net, including Virgin Radio's Top 500 Songs which is being played over the holiday period finishing today - you can find it here http://www.virginradio.co.uk/music/top500/vote.html

I also compile a 2CD set featuring one track each from my 40 CDs of the year as listed yesterday - but don't have time to burn it as we're off to pick up Anne's mum just after 4 and then heading to Anne's brother's for Hogmanay...

At first it's just families there and we enjoy a buffet dinner at which young nephew Oliver excels himself by falling off a seat, landing his head on a plate of chicken and doing a forward roll into a plate of prawn risotto. I am chastised for laughing...

Later on, some people leave but even more people arrive and, by midnight, there's a full house being entertained by Keith's eclectic choice of music from his MP3 player.....

Of course Anne's not drinking as she as to drive and we plan to leave just after 12 but get caught up in a discussion about just how shit the X Factor and programmes like that really are and what relevance they have to music...

Finally, we are home just after 1 am and ready to start a New Year...

So Happy New Year to everyone...

No comments: