Tuesday, October 18, 2005

One last drink...


I've now been working on this album on and off since around October 2003 and I'm glad it all seems finally to be coming to fruition...

I'm up early this morning and quickly record the vocals for the last three songs, "The Gardener", "The Day You Went Away" and "Where Are You". I now have a version of the full album - of course, as all the vocals are virtually first takes, there may be parts which need re-recording but I am now in the home straits...

After last night's crisis of confidence, I listen again today and decide the crapness was due to it not being loud enough at that particular hearing!!

Tonight Jamie and I attend Out of the Bedroom's latest Acoustica night - to see, in particular, Lisa Paton and Lindsay West. These two, along with Iona Marshall, are probably my three favourite OOTB regulars and I bought both Lisa and Lindsay's albums tonight to add to Iona's, of which she very kindly recently sent me a promo....

The venue is noisy and probably unsuited to both girls' work but we sit close the front and enjoy each set nonetheless...

Other OOTB regulars are in attendance and we chat with John Barclay of Impossible Songs and Scott Renton..

After the gig I take Jamie to his local bar for "one last drink - I'm on holiday!"

Of course I have the latest version of the new album in the car and Jamie is so taken with the new including-backing-vocals sound that we end up sitting in the car outside the pub while he intones "play me just one more"...

He likes it...

This is a boost.

A good night.

PS Jamie also advised he likes the proposed joint live album and so this will be the next Crispycat release. Andy is moving to Yorkshire in a week or so, so there won't be an opportunity for him to add overdubs - it'll be a true record of the night back in July...

No comments: