Tuesday, October 11, 2005

From Green to Blue....


A parcel from e-bay today contains Uriah Heep's "The Lansdowne Tapes". This is the first CD I've bought this month though I also count the McCartney album as an acquisition as I physically have a disc with the music on it...

Before I could listen to the new disc, Anne and I drove out to Loanhead through torrential rain, to visit my mum. On the way, we stopped by Jamie's house to deliver his copy of the proposed new CD. I await his comments....

My mum was in good fettle tonight, though, as usual, she had a few grumps regarding her aches and pains. Despite an operation around a year ago now, which the surgeon said would remove the constant pain she was experiencing in her legs, it's still there...

She takes painkillers everyday...

She's getting an MRI scan in November to see if she needs a further op to free up more nerves in her twisted spine...

The weather was dreadful and wintry and it made me a bit sad to think of my mum hobbling about her house on her stick with her low level energy saving lighting...

But she's not got it too bad I suppose, compared to some her age what, with cancer, Alzheimer's, heart attacks and dying etc etc...

Back home around 10:30 and I listened to the first half of the Heep CD before going to bed....

The sleeve notes are correct in their assertion that, without the mighty Heep, Queen would not have been the same band, such was the influence of the former on the latter...

This is especially true with regard to the layered vocal tracks which are evident here even on the pre-Heep tracks recorded under the name Spice....

Spice's first bassist was a guy called Barry Green who went on to become early 70's two hit wonder Barry Blue. Great name change there...

OK that's enough trivia for now...

No comments: