Monday, October 24, 2005

No time to listen...

Tonight I watch the first of the two "Coronation St" episodes - I need to keep asking Anne questions as I seem to have lost track of it slightly. I avoid "Eastenders" - unlike 13m other people in the country who tune in to see the return of the Mitchell brothers. When ratings fall, turn to old "stars" - I've lost count of the number of people who've left Eastie only to return a few years later...it's rubbish compared to Corrie...

Anyway, after Corrie, I spent three hours on the computer doing the final mixes of the new CBQ album. I broke off at 11 to watch the highlights of Saturday's Hearts game and then returned to the console to finish off the running order and track changeovers/crossfades....

Finally finished around 12:30 only to find one of the lead vocal tracks seems to have been corrupted somewhere along the line - so just that to record and it's done...

Another call from Germany tonight - Jorg's coming tomorrow and staying till Sunday. Looking forward to that, even though it's late notice....

It means I can't go with Anne on Wednesday night to see Hearts v Kilmarnock, and she calls her friend Lynn to take my place...

With all the work tonight on the album, I only had a chance to listen to one of the six Blue Note CDs I bought today in a spending spree at Fopp...no doubt I will listen over the next couple of days with Jorg...

Coincidentally, five of the six were recorded in 1964 - here's the full list:-
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - Free For All
Blue Mitchell - The Thing To Do
Hank Mobley - High Voltage
Jackie McLean - Action
Andrew Hill - Judgement
Anthony Williams - Lifetime



Tasty...

No comments: