Monday, October 31, 2005

Wielding the football axe...

Jamie and I bought an acoustic bass from e-bay and it arrived tonight. I unpacked it and it seems fine. I've not played bass for a very long time. I was originally singer and bassist in a band around 25 years ago called Capital Models. Jamie joined the band and played bass, leaving me to sing and play synthesiser...and now we have a bass between us again (I think he originally played mine in those days)...

Other than this, the main topic of the day was the sacking of Hearts' Chief Executive Phil Anderton and the resignation in sympathy of Chariman George Foulkes. Anne was, of course, devastated by this latest "Turmoil at Tynecastle" but I tried to reassure her it would all turn out right in the end....

Owner Vladimir Romanov is leaving no-one in any doubt as to who runs the club - but this is a terrible time to be a Hearts fan with all the uncertainty as to whether there is any sinister plan behind VR's actions...

Coincidentally, QoS fired their manager Iain Scott today too...fourth in the 1st Division last year they've won only one of their 12 games so far this season...he seemed like a nice chap too...

I ignored several Trick or Treaters at our door tonight as I transferred the recordings from yesterday onto the hard drive and then compiled an "edited highlights" track of the 15 songs on "Deeperdown". It lasts eight minutes - about the same time as a Hearts director...

No comments: