Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Slipping through my hands...

I listened to music today. The new CBQ stuff (obviously), Lisa Paton, Lindsay West and Iona Marshall. The last three are all so good, both from a songwriting and guitar playing perspective. They can all play really well - where as I....well let's just say "I get by". This is a problem I have when playing at open mics - there's no opportunity to hear what my music is really like unless you hear the "full-band" recordings...

In the evening I returned to the 5-a-sides, after last week's visit to the opera, having once again picked teams which I thought were balanced. For the first time in a long time, I was on the same team as Jim Park. But I had badly miscalculated the situation. 15 minutes in we were 8-0 down - indeed we were 3-0 down after around two minutes, the third of which, a nightmare slowly rolling ball slipping through my hands and into the net, may well see me nominated for "Goalkeeping Gaffe of the Year" at the next awards night!!

It took us around 40 minutes to score our first goal - in fact I got the first two - that's how bad our team's finishing was. Jim added a further two and then our young star player, Gary added a few more. In the end we were beaten 13-8...

So we won the second half 8-5....

Finished off the night with a couple of episodes of Law and Order on video and in bed by 11, which is an early night for me...

1 comment:

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

Cheeky monkey!!