Saturday, October 01, 2005

Catching up...

Slept in till 8 having been up till 3 last night...

Went to to Stockbridge and picked up a couple of croissants for breakfast and bought a loaf of bread to try out the new toastie bags at lunchtime...

After breakfast, Anne went off into town to meet her sister and I set about trying to get the journal up to date for the days we were in Austria whilst loading recent CD purchases into the jukebox - I managed three days and still have six to do...

At this rate, by the time I get them done they'll already be in the archive, so I might try and do a couple more tonight...

Then I phoned my mum to find out how she'd got on yesterday at Charlie's funeral...

It all seems to have gone well - as funerals go of course - and mum mentioned that our card had been much appreciated by Pat and her daughters.

Funnily enough, I'd referred to Charlie as a "gadget man" much the same as my dad was, and it turns out the minister at the service also called him the "gadget man", so his propensity for obtaining the latest whizz-bang inventions was obviously well known...

Tasty toasties for lunch...

Then, surprise surprise, I worked on some music...

There's supposed to be a CD in the offing which is a collaboration between CBQ and Edward Spark, with Spark providing the backing tracks and CBQ overdubbing....

I'd done some work on this towards the end of last October and I dug out the tracks from then and decided to try and add something to them...

There's around 40 minutes of useable material that needs to be knocked into shape and that's what I spent a good few hours today trying to do...

I also wasted quite a bit of time mucking about with samples of classical music I thought I might use for future work but all to no avail...

Then I loaded 27 CDs onto the hard drive from an MP3 DVD in preparation for burning them -

Rooster, Scissor Sisters, Basement Jaxx, Keane, Kasabian, Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, Franz Ferdinand, Green Day (x 2), Maroon 5, Damien Rice, Kaiser Chiefs, Eminem, Jem, U2, The Bravery, Kings of Leon, Daft Punk, Outkast, Athlete, Razorlight, Futureheads, Chemical Brothers, Bloc Party, McFly, Interpol...

By this time, the day's football was coming to an end.

Queen of the South were leading 2nd top Ross County 1-0. They could have moved off the bottom of the league. But...

They had two men sent off and lost a goal with just 6 minutes to go...so they're still bottom but have earned what, in other circumstances, would be a creditable draw away from home. As it is, they've thrown away two more points...

Very disappointing...

Before going back to the music work, I watched "You've Been Framed" and a bit of the terrible "X Factor", then took some pics out in the back garden...a good sunset tonight which I singularly failed to capture...



Here's a flower, another plant, a washing line and next door's very stupid and very annoying unused basketball basket...

No comments: