Friday, October 21, 2005

Munching, viewing, reviewing and compiling...

The usual Indian takeaway tonight (veggie madras for me, steak lovers).

And two episodes of Gene Simmons' "Rock School" - last week's on video and tonight's live.

Earlier on, much entertainment from "Coronation St" which seems to get more comic by the episode...

Took an hour and a half to write up the OOTB review from last night then mailed it to the Committee for issue to the "fan-base".

Then I set about compiling a history of music from 1955 to 2005 for a 4 CD Set to give to John from Imposible Songs tomorrow night - it's his 50th Birthday, which is, of course, a bit special, and he and Ali are having a combined house warming/birthday party as they've just moved too....

I dug out my old back up discs from when the computer got frazzled earlier this year and found my chronological CD listing - which is now a wee bit out of date re recent acquisitions but did the job nonetheless, as I went through my collection year by year, selecting one album to represent each...

I didn't seem to have any from 1955 but found out that three tracks which appeared on Miles Davis' "Round About Midnight" album in 1956 were actually recorded on 26 October 1955 - so that's close enough for Jazz as they say...

Here's a collage of the 51 albums I chose...every 14th cover is the cover of one of the four CDs John will be getting...



Off to bed at 2am...

No comments: