Wednesday, October 05, 2005

It's in the genes....

I am turning into my Dad...

Not content with resembling him, I also seem to have inherited many of his traits via his genes.....

Of course , one of these traits involves the existence of a falling-asleep-in-front-of-the-TV-and-being-woken-up-at-3am-by-an-annoyed-and-sleepy-partner gene...

Today a package arrived re a recent e-bay purchase - "Bottom- Mindless Violence" is a "clips" DVD containing all the violent bits from all the Rik Mayall/Ade Edmondson shows over the last 25 years...



Rather foolishly, after exerting myself (ok my fellow players may laugh at that) playing 5-a-Sides earlier in the evening, I made the rash decision to start watching this DVD at around 11:30 pm...

After much (subdued as Anne had already retired for the evening) hilarity, next thing I knew I was being shaken awake at 3am with the DVD menu screen repeating over and over on the TV - even this involves a certain amount of violence complete with sound effects and it may have been the constant noise of this that eventually woke Anne up...

My dad was famous for falling a sleep in front of the telly after everyone else had gone to bed...and that was in the days when there was nothing on during the night...and before the invention of video recorders...this begs the question, what exactly was he playing at??

I managed just one goal tonight - my initial shot rebounded to me off of Jim Park's legs and I slammed it home with an unstoppable toe-basher - which of course bashed my toe, leaving me to "underperform" for the rest of the game due to the discomfort...

My goal ended up not counting as we'd started 4 v 5 and , when the 10th man finally arrived the scores were reset from 3-1 against my team to 0-0 - we ended up winning by one goal so, for the second week running, the final score was not the true score. We should have lost but we won and no one can take that away from the triumphant black T-shirted team...

On the music front, Edward Spark's EP is released on Monday and I got word back from Stu Cobley that he wants to re-record parts of the proposed Creek releases, which is not a problem as Alan Brodie needs to overdub in any case. I spoke to Jamie and he agreed to the proposed live CBQ/JAmieson EP with the addition of Andy Wilson on keys if this can be arranged...

Yesterday I mostly listened to Uriah Heep - today I mostly listened to Gentle Giant...

No comments: