Sunday, October 30, 2005

An old friend departs...

Up at four and I do some music work on the computer after sorting out the CD shelf in the living room to allow it to accept all the recent purchases...

Jorg emerges from his room just after 5 and by 5:50 we are leaving for the airport....

I'm sure there's a reason why everything at airports is so expensive. Jorg wanted a cooked breakfast but baulked at paying £7 for two eggs two sausages, a slice of bacon and a tomato - we settled for a latte and a croissant each and before we knew it he was off into the departure lounge and the visit was over.

I had been parked at the airport for around 40 minutes. It cost £3.

I had a great time over the last few days spending so much time looking around the shops and buying CDs and learning about obscure prog bands and it's always good to catch up with Jorg - I hope we'll see each other again fairly soon...

I have a session with Ian Sclater arranged for 12 o'clock and so, after stopping by Tesco for milk and more croissants for a second breakfast at home with Anne, I start making preparations - then I add more dodgy vocals to the Alice Cooper backing tracks...

It's pouring with rain and, around 11, Ian calls and asks if I can come to his to stop him getting drenched - he has four or five new songs he wants to add to the project....

We work from 12 till five, almost completely writing one song and making rough recordings of that and three others for which I will work on actual guitar parts at some point this week...

A productive session...

Back home to an episode of Enterprise on the video and the doorbell goes - it's our good friend James Jamieson popping by while his son Conrad attends a Halloween party...

After discussing the latest Hearts situation (Jamie, like Anne, is a season ticket holder and stands to win several thousand pounds on a couple of bets if Hearts win the league this season) Jamie and I go upstairs for him to see the new set up using the computer to record music. I play him several tracks from the new album and he's impressed. Then he's off again into the night...

Later, Jorg calls from his home in Felsberg - he's back safely and Yvonne and the kids are delighted to see him again...he enjoyed the holiday. We enjoyed having him to stay...

No comments: