Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Getting stuff out there, man...erm, or not...

Today, I drew up a release schedule for Crispycat....

Then I analysed it and realised we have only two items ready to go...

The first out of the starting blocks will be Mr Edward Spark's debut EP, "She Don't Like Techno". A simmering slice of electronica from the enigmatic Spark who came to the label via Craig....

Here's the cover...




I've never met the guy, even though I'm doing a collaborative album with him....but we may meet soon as he wants to work more closely on the project rather than just e-mailing each other MP3s to work on individually...

The Cloudland Blue Quartet Soundscapes EP will be next - I think this will be a 12 minute or so taster EP, followed in due course by a full album which may or may not be different recordings from those edited on the EP. This will be the follow up to "04 04 04" from last year, with which I was particularly pleased. The new album will feature the Loop Station....

Next in line will be a live EP from CBQ and James Jamieson, of course this needs the ok from Mr Jamieson and I need to do some work on the raw tracks which we recorded when we played live at the Roxy back in July. I think I will invite Andy Wilson to overdub piano and strings onto this, a la our line up at the Fringe sets we did...

Then the new Creek EP - a session recorded back in June. I sent MP3s of the 3 tracks to Stu Cobley for his comments and for him to ok the release. Our fourth member, Alan Brodie, wasn't present at the session and we'd hoped he might overdub a contribution to the tracks but he's been out of contact for so long now....I need to contact him and arrange something....

The new CBQ song album, "Deeperdown", should be ready by the end of the year. I have no definitive recording yet. I have a lot of demos. I am struggling to put this beast to bed if the truth be known. It will be such a relief to finalise it, put it out there and move on...

And hot on the heels of "Deeperdown" will be the new 2CD Anthology featuring songs and soundscapes with one track per year from 1977 through to 2005 - hmmm, maybe I should wait till January, record a new track then and make it 1977-2006 - Thirty Years!

Finally, after the recent aborted attempt (actually recorded in Oct 04 but recently edited), the CBQ/Edward Spark collaboration is back to the drawing board....

We should also record a new Creek album in 2006.

So the likely release order will be four singles...

Edward Spark - She Don't Like Techno EP
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Soundscapes EP

.....followed by...

CBQ & James Jamieson - Live EP with Andy to be added
Creek - 06 06 05 EP with Alan to be added

....and then four albums...

Cloudland Blue Quartet - Soundscapes Album
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Deeperdown
Cloudland Blue Quartet - Anthology 1977-2006
CBQ & Edward Spark Album

Other than this, I took a few pics today of car headlights and lit lamposts in the early evening gloom. But when I went to upload them, the camera had wiped itself for some reason. Very annoying...

In the evening, I purposefully avoided the computer and spent the night in the living room with Anne and Meg the Black Cat (who likes to play with Crispy's old fish on a string - I can't believe there's any catnip left in it...)....

We mainly watched telly - Corrie (on video), Emmy, Eastie, Property Ladder, Love Soup, Law & Order and, in between, I did a pile of dishes whilst listening to "Uriah Heep Live 73" very loudly...

No comments: