Sunday, October 16, 2005

Home to work...

Up early and down to breakfast then packed, paid and out to the car for the drive home to Meg the Black Cat (Jane and Ollie have been visiting her while we've been away).



We head out into Glencoe (above) and the journey home is an uneventful drive through the beautiful countryside. I stop off at Rannoch Moor again to take photos to replace those wiped by my lack of foresight re charging up the Digicam...but the weather's not as good today as it was on Friday...we'll see when we get the pics back from Jessops...

We arrive home just after mid-day and, probably rather frustratingly for Anne, I immediately fire up the computer as I have work to do on the new CBQ album....

I am using Cakewalk to record the vocals straight on to the hard-drive and this allows me to record up to 48 tracks. Of course I don't use this many, but I do take the opportunity to try out as many ideas as I can re backing vocals.

By 10:30 pm I've recorded first draft lead and backing vocals for six songs, "Love and War", "The Crocodile Song", "Half a Lifetime Away", "Still We Doubt You", "Deeper Down" and the piano version of "Very Small". I am pleased with the results. The backing vocals add a whole new dimension to the sound...

Progress

No comments: