Thursday, October 08, 2026

Playing over the top is a way to be able to play...

Playlist



Awoke with a shout from sister Sheila from the front door - "Mum?"...

To which I responded "Not in"...

Hmmm

Anyway, up and working...

Breakfast...



For the second day running, thought I might go to Glasgow but was thwarted by my earlier promise to take Anne to her lunch date with chum Debbie at Eyre Place...

So, set up the gear and ran through the Capital Models and Dylan sets for Monday's session...


...playing along to the mock up uploaded to the band yesterday (hopefully they download and listen/play along but I fully expect the usual blank faces on Monday when I dare to ask "did you listen to the stuff I uploaded?")...

Sounded good and made notes re what to play…

Didn’t do the 3rd set, as I'm still awaiting their suggestions re their 3 songs each for "12 covers we like to play"...

An episode of "Scandal" and then, out and over to Stockbridge, dropping Anne at Celestia for her long, leisurely lunch and heading for the roof of Waitrose...


I was going to have a wander around the shops but inadvertently left my bag in the car...

Went back for it and then thought, "Fuck it, I'll just go home"...

And so, I did...

And I watched...


It promised so much and delivered so little...

2hrs and 15 mins I'll never get back...



Oh well...

It was Thursday...


Fired up the machines and had another run through the two sets from this morning, bar the last number, as Anne arrived home...

Recorded the session this time...

Cooked for one - Rigatoni with chicken, onion, mushroom, chilli flakes, a smattering of curry powder and adorned with some parmesan...

Tasted fine and dandy...


Some more "Bones"...

Back to the machines and recorded the last Dylan song...

Then processed today's recordings...

Then, back down for a "Scandal"...

Time for bed...


Lights out...

Highlight of the Day: Rehearsing...

Today's New Music:

No comments: