Tuesday, October 06, 2026

A day out and an unrealised misremembering sorted after 53 years...

Playlist


A picture, or two, today, of the laptop's "reliability history"...


Looking the best it has for ages...


Of course, inevitably, it was ruined later today when Apple Music inexplicably crashed...

Anyway...


Listening back 1st thing to the new recordings and decided they were too quiet...

So, first thing, boosted them...


New Version/Old Version...


At its loudest just in the red and no more...



It was Tuesday...


...and no Pickleball so, we were off out on a run...

Today, it was Muiravonside Country Park and New Parks Farm...



Loads of lovely animals...




...and birds...





















And Gus the tortoise...




I do like the squeaks of Guinea Pigs...














Highlight was the Alpacas...



















A walk to the cafe for refreshments...





...and then, the short drive to Linlithgow...









We ended up in The Crannog Cafe for lunch...


Funnily enough, exactly three years ago today was the last time we were here - with Jorg and Manuela...


Home and a message from Sister Sheila - would it be ok to chuck out mum's Wedding Dress...

I said "I wonder what would be the point of keeping it.  We have a couple of photos of it.  A decision like that always seems harsh but, as I say...  So, all in all, I'm ok with that"



This afternoon, I was playing some of the first LPs I owned...

At age 14, I bought these 2 on the same summer's day in '73. 50p each, Woolworth's, Tollcross, Edinburgh (the LP before those was Alice Cooper's "Killer", the LP after them was "Ziggy Stardust"). Will always have a soft spot for these long gone LPs, now worth £100s...



"Killer" was my 21st LP acquisition, "Ziggy Stardust" would be my 24th LP, to be followed closely by "Hawkwind" and "In Search of Space"...

What a time to be 14...

Decided to play that very copy of "Killer" from 53 years ago...





An Italian Pressing with “the snake on the back not the front” gatefold sleeve. Sheila bought it for me in Italy on a school trip in the summer of 1973...

Actually, I misremembered...

I'd always thought it was a school trip but she confirmed today it was actually a holiday with her friend Caroline Spence's family in Porec, Yugoslavia (now, Croatia) and they took a day trip to Trieste, where the purchase was made...


Listening to it set me off on an Alice Cooper listening spree and, by close of play tonight, I'd listened to all 7 LPs by the original band...

And Fang popped by for the first time in a while, so that was good...



Telly tonight, more "Scandal"...

That was it, I think (writing this three days hence)...

Highlight of the Day: Out and about...

Today's New Music:

No comments: