Saturday, October 03, 2026

Let's make a deal...

Playlist


Very large playlist today, as I was catching up on loads of new stuff that's come in recently that I'd not previously had a chance to sample - and, indeed, new stuff in today...



Some of that took place during the first two hours of the day, from arising until breakfast...


Work on "stuff", which included the booking of trains and a hotel for a trip to London in January, where I will see the David Bowie thing for the first time (Anne will do so for the 2nd) and we will also attend a gig at Ronnie Scot's for the first time - US pianist Lawrence Fields and his trio...

Then, shutting down and off out uptown...


Both Prog Rock Willie and Dr Prog had passed on my invites for a meet at the Record Fair this morning at the Art College...

I filled my bag with the ten doubler CDs I've inadvertently bought over the last year or so...


...and headed down the hill...



...for a bus to the Waverley and into Avalanche to trade the doublers in...

The very nice man there offered me £15 trade in but when I took this lot to the counter (total £27) he said that would be fine...


Result...

These are, of course, all CDs of which I took pictures when I was in the other day...

Took a look at some bags re trying to get a suitable under seat scenario for upcoming trips...




Nothing taken though - the search continues...

A bus from The Mound up to the Art College and to the Record Fair...

At the front stall, they were selling 4 CDs for £1...

Hmmm...

Accordingly, these 8 taken, including two in card sleeves (reveal later)...


Ah Record Fairs - people hunched over boxes of records...


Anyway, out and a walk down to Haymarket ensued...



...from where a 26 took me home...


...for ripping and listening...



















I went out with 10 titles in my bag and came home with 16, after a total outlay of £2...

Anne rewarded me with a lemon bun and a coffee...


In Dumfries, Queens had been 2-0 up at half time in a six pointer with Cove Rangers, they went 3-2 down with 16 minutes to go...

FFS...

Wonder of wonders, they managed goals in 77 and 80 minutes and held on through injury tome to emerge 4-3 victors...

In North Macedonia (where nephew Olly was with the team) Scotland managed a hard fought 2-0 win - they could have been 6-0 up by the time they lost a player to a straight red card with 20 minutes left...

They hung on...


We closed the day with a couple of episodes of "Scandal"...

Becoming ever more preposterous...

Highlight of the Day: New CDs for old doubler CDs...

Today's New Music:

2 comments:

impossible songs said...

Just listening to "This is tomorrow", wondering if Capital Models should be doing some kind of a version of this?

Cloudland Blue Quartet said...

That'd be something to behold and a whole new direction for the band - or maybe you're thinking about Bryan Ferry's song of the same name - I'd be up for doing that one!