Friday, May 19, 2023

Fatter than I thought...

Playlist
Martin Turner EX Wishbone Ash - Argus Through the Looking Glass
Andrè Previn - West Side Story
Tuomo Uusitalo - Songs From Suspended Times
Kirk Degiorgio - Modal Forces / Percussive Forces
Edward Spark - I Told You (CBQ Remixes)
Tum Tum - A Tree Hollow
Lana Del Rey - Say Yes To Heaven (Single)
Lucile Boulanger - Bach & Abel: Solo
The Undisputed Truth - Higher Than High
Warrington-Runcorn New Town Development Plan - The Nation's Most Central Location
Fagerlund - Cello Concerto "Nomade" & Water Atlas (Live)
Quintorigo, Roberto Gatto - Around Zappa
Gentle Giant - Steven Wilson Remixes
Mad Professor - Dub Me Crazy!!
triberg - Ravenna
Ghost - Phantomime
Loreen - Loreen 2012-2023
The Undisputed Truth - Truth Gon' Set You Free
Prairiewolf - Prairiewolf
Sphere - Inside Ourselves
Kesha - Gag Order
Various Artists - Planet Socool
Escher String Quartet - Janáček & Haas: String Quartets
Exit North - Anyway, Still
Sufjan Stevens, Timo Andres, Conor Hanick - Reflections
M-Opus - At The Mercy Of Manannan
The Ironsides - Changing Light
Salomé Gasselin - Récit
Mardit B. Lleshi/Bledi Boraku - Saggio
Mark Ginsburg & Ryan Grogan - Oceans Together
Fire! Orchestra - Echoes
Christina Petrowska Quilico - Shadow & Light
Yes - Mirror To The Sky
Justin Rutledge - Something Easy

Today was Yes day...

Up early and downloaded the new LP - along with a load of other new stuff...


Gave the new Yes LP a listen...

On first play through, slightly disappointing, given all the reave reviews coming out...

Anyway, along to the place I go to lose - I had not lost, which was rather disappointing given my numbers at home...

However, the disparity was now so high, I was thinking there must be something wrong...

Over the next couple of days, investigations and tests will reveal that, yes indeed, I am only a few numbers down from where I was in October rather than, as I was being told by the house machine, over a stone down...

So, while indeed very disappointing, if I'm brutally honest, not surprising - I was struggling to see that I resembled how I looked the last time I was as low...

The final realisation that the home machine was quite obviously goosed came when Anne weighed herself and was found to be dangerously underweight...

Oh well, time to buckle down - well maybe after our trip next week...

Into town - there was work to be done...


And, lo, it was done...

But there is more...

It will be done on Monday and thereafter...

But bacon will be brought home re that...

Meanwhile, to Fopp and the new Yes 2CD set purchased...


Then, over the road to the BHF, where there's been slim pickings for some considerable time...

Today, however, a couple of classical items enticed...



Home...


The cats over the road, who are not allowed out, entertained...


Today's pile...


I took the time to sit down and actually listen to the Yes album, while perusing the booklet...


Much better!

Weird...

But understandable...

Swithered about abandoning the hi-fi in the back room in favour of the Marantz CD player with my AKG702s directly plugged thereinto as my go to CD listening station in the house...

We'll see...

The podcast was prepped and first half recorded...

At tea time, a much missed Fang popped by...


...and his company, along with a tasty new kind of curry whose name escapes me was presented by Annie...

Yumtastic...


Post tea and some TV - "The Night Agent" and some other stuff - podcast was finalised in plenty time for tomorrow...

I think that was it...

Highlight of the Day : New Yes...

Today's New Music:-

No comments: