Saturday, November 19, 2022

Another 6 hours 20 minutes I'll never get back...

Playlist
Torelli - The Original Brandenburg Concertos
Gentle Giant - In A Glass House
Gentle Giant - Edge of Twilight
Uriah Heep - Totally Driven : Remasters 1970-2001
Soft Machine - Out-Bloody-Rageous - An Anthology 1967-1973

Today started well - with the podcast being completed...



...and uploaded by 8am...


Out to the Haven for breakfast...


We were a few minutes early re its 9am opening time so waited outside...

I do like the mill opposite...


I noted some good industrial sounds coming from it - perhaps I should do a filed recording here?

Waiting foot and pavement shot...


Haven interior...


Breakfast...

I eschewed their lovely porridge for eggs and fish...


Then a mooch around Ocean Terminal...


It's not the most uplifting place...

It does occasionally afford some good views...


Popped by Currys as we drove back across town - the second laptop is on it's way to them they advised...
I would return once they let me know it had arrived...

I opined they perhaps needed to do something about their communication, in order to manage waiting recipients' expectations...

Over to Anne's mum's for coffee and biscuits...

I noted some photos and art...


Dali...


...and a couple of Fowlers...


The latter artist..


Back home and, just as the e-mail came through to advise the new laptop was at Currys for pick up, the man from Evri turned up for the laptop from Amazon...

He was surprised by the new barcode - I told him I had been advised to put new labels on the box, following his no show yesterday...

"I wasn't working yesterday" he said...

Neither was his colleague, properly, apparently...

Anyway, as some kind of further proof we'd handed the errant thing back, I took this...


And so, God knows if we'll ever get the refund on this piece of rubbish...

Then, to Currys...

Laptop received, receipt e-mailed to me...

It was wrapped in plastic - it had not been checked by anyone at the store...

On the way home I thought was in a 40 MPH zone but was blitzed by a speedcam - yet more wasted cash due to this laptop nonsense...

Anyway...


Unwrapped and setting up...




All going nicely...

Craig advised it was fine to dump McAfee security - all the reviews say it's bloatware - so I uninstalled it...



...and downloaded and installed Avast...


All going swimmingly...


The scene...


Even connected to the wireless printer no problem...


I was on a roll...

A break for tea - very tasty lamb with potatoes, carrots and onions...


...and a cheeky wee Orange Gin...


I was updating this still and took some pics of influences - you can see (at the moment, who knows about the future and how the format will turn out) all the illustrative pics over on the right hand side of the diary under "Introduction & Background"...



Anyway, all going well with the new laptop...


I downloaded a couple more bits of software and was looking to create a new folder on the C drive as a target for further downloads when I saw this...

What the...


I bought a laptop with a 1TB SSD drive...

I checked the box - sure enough, this was 512GBs...

I checked my receipt - yep 1TB...

And so...


Another stressful few days ahead...

I will be back at Currys at 10am tomorrow...

And so, the scene returned to as it was this morning...


Another 6 hours 20 minutes I'll never get back...

Highlight of the Day : New laptop - till I realised it was the wrong one...

No comments: