Sunday, November 13, 2022

An expert can cook an idea...

Playlist
Blue Sun Chasing & Edward Spark - A Hymn For The Theatre Rejects
Jeroen Van Veen - Minimal Piano Collection Vols XXI-XXVIII
Jeroen Van Veen - Minimal Piano Collection Vols I-IX
Jeroen Van Veen - Minimal Piano Collection Vols X-XX
Various Artists - Roswell OST
Rex The Dog - The Kompakt Singles 2004-2020
Jason Ross - Atlas
Black Thought & Danger Mouse - Cheat Codes
Erasure - Day-Glo (Based on a True Story)
MØ - Motordrome
Panda Bear & Sonic Boom - Reset
Adrian Berenguer - Witness
Umphrey's McGee - Asking For A Friend
Dawes - Misadventures Of Doomscroller
Motorpsycho - Ancient Astronauts
The Mountain Goats - Bleed Out
Demi Lovato - HOLY FVCK
SiX BY SiX - SiX BY SiX
Regal Worm - Worm!
Part - Wherever I Go...
Tangerine Dream - Raum
Max Richter - The Blue Notebooks
Max Richter - Sleep
Myslivecek - Symphonies
Handel - Chamber Music
Handel - Orlando

Morning Sunday morning…

Up super late...


Luckily no plans,..

Yesterday’s vaccinations had put me very slightly under the weather but not to worry. It was very much worth it...

To the back room...


...and enjoyed the sparse piano music of Dennis Johnson’s “November”, although I did not play the full 5 hours…


The view (including the annoying wire)...


On Anne's arising, breakfast...


...and a visit from wee Fang...


...who actually deigned to spend some time on me, note the claws though...


More piano music - the blue box also contains a rendition of the "November" piece...


Anne was shopping and, then, gardening...

Post lunch, we did my mum's shopping and, then, onwards into the jungle like heat of her house...

I think this is how the heaters ought to be set...


If she needs a boost, she turns up the left dial for a short time...

I think that's how it works...

My mum hasn't a clue...


Back home...

Another of my works "in situ"...


This evening, we cooked, based on my idea for a prawn based pasta dish including Creme Fraiche, with Anne bringing it to life...

These soundtracked the kitchen shenanigans...


...which were recorded...





Yowsah!!


While Anne enjoyed the second of the weekend's "Strictly" instalments, I took my Taruskins from the bookshelves and opened each in turn at a random page to find a composer to listen to a work by...

DuFay, W F Bach...


Liszt, Berg...


...and Carter...


Then, the SAS thing whose name always escapes me but which is rather good...

Ended the day back up in the back room with some Handel...

Firstly this box...



...and then, while reading through his place in the chronology of music, his opera, Orlando...


...which the Exec Producer eventually executively produced into the off position...

Weekend away...

Highlight of the Day : Anne cooking my idea...

No comments: