Friday, October 23, 2015

"Working" and listening - too much music, not enough time......

Playlist
Mstislav Rostropovich - Dutilleux; Lutoslawski: Cello Concertos
Gustav Leonhardt - English Music of the 17th Century
Hugo Reyne: La Simphonie Du Marais - Francoeur : Symphonies - Philidor : Marches
Schumann - Complete Works for Piano Trio
Soft Machine Legacy - Live At The New Morning
Joachim Kühn/Quatuor IXI - Phrasen
John Surman - Private City
Jean-François Paillard - Pachelbel: Canon, Suites, Etc.; Fasch: Trumpet Concerto, Etc.
Daniel Smith/Coull String Quartet - Music For Bassoon And String Quartet
Françoise Hardy - Collection Platinum

The view from the office this afternoon...


A day spent at the computer for the most part, listening to the Bordeaux and post-Bordeaux acquisitions - around 12 hours of music...


...and that's with two of the three Françoise Hardy discs remaining untouched thus far...


Of course, whilst listening, I was updating this re the Bordeaux trip - 50% done so far - it's the processing and uploading of the pics which takes all the time really as, these days, I don't add much in the way of text...

Meanwhile, some stats...

My iTunes was downloaded on 21 September 2013
109,165 tracks have been added since then
Of which 17,199 (16%) have been played at least once
Of which 12,873 (12%) have been played only once
And of which 4,326 (4%) have been played more than once
And of which just 114 (0.1%) have been played more than 5 times*
With just 9 (0.008%) having been played more than 10 times
And just 2 (0.000018%) have been played more than 20 times in over two years

How do I find those stats?

iTunes records all plays and stores the last date a track was played - so these stats don't count tunes not played on any of my iPods or my PC/laptop - i.e. nothing played on my CD players or in the car (unless via Bluetooth)...

I've added over a year's worth of music. 372.5 days at present, including 16 hrs of new music in the last week...

I've also published a daily playlist here and have done since 26 April 2006...

So I could, conceivably, collate the full stats for 9.5 years of listening.  But that's probably taking things too far...

What it does tell me is that most of the music I acquire, I listen to only once, suggesting acquisition trumps listening...

Which is a worry...

Too much music, not enough time...

A break was taken for a couple of comedy shows and the latest "Dr Who" which started off shockingly badly but ended up being very intriguing indeed...

Off to bed...

Highlight of the Day : "Working" and listening...

*Almost half these tracks are ones in which I am directly involved music-wise...

No comments: